WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE AN AUTO ACCIDENT
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE AN AUTO ACCIDENT !!!
In the midst of the physical and emotional trauma of an accident, many people don’t know what to do or how to protect their rights.
You Need To Do The Following:
At the Scene of the Accident
- Check to see if anyone needs medical attention and, if necessary, call an ambulance.
- Always call the police. A police report is essential.
- Obtain the name, address, driver’s license number, license plate, insurance information and telephone number of the other driver.
- Obtain the name, address, and telephone number of any witnesses.
- DO NOT move the car until the police arrive.
- Be sure to report all injuries to the police.
- DO NOT discuss the accident with anyone except the police.
After the Accident
- See your doctor as soon as possible.
- DO NOT sign anything or speak to the other party’s insurance company until you obtain legal advice.
- The Law Offices of Paul J. Sacco, P.C. will provide a free initial consultation. Call as soon as you are able.